Ad loading a virus

fscrp

MJ, There is an ad in rotation which is installing a virus. I got it on 2 different PCs today from this website. I can't provide any other details other than it starts Java which begins the infection. To anyone who reads this and uses Firefox, I suggest you use the NoScript add-on. I have it but I had this site marked as trusted. If you get infected I suggest using a program called Combo Fix - I have used it on dozens of machines (XP and Windows 7) and install it on every PC I deploy. Combo Fix download and instructions:
Code:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

huuu

MJ, There is an ad in rotation which is installing a virus. I got it on 2 different PCs today from this website. I can't provide any other details other than it starts Java which begins the infection. To anyone who reads this and uses Firefox, I suggest you use the NoScript add-on. I have it but I had this site marked as trusted. If you get infected I suggest using a program called Combo Fix - I have used it on dozens of machines (XP and Windows 7) and install it on every PC I deploy. Combo Fix download and instructions:
Code:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix
I can only operate my pc on safe mode because of this virus, will combofix work on Vista?

fscrp

Combo Fix does support Vista. After running Combo Fix and rebooting you may get a message that a file could not be started. There is still a trace of the virus in the registry that needs to be manually fixed. If you want to upload the Combo Fix log file (it is saved to the C: drive) or PM me details to get it from you directly, I can tell you what to do next.

MJ2008

Platinum Member
VIP Member
Hi

I also have Sam thing , I blive it us from adbrite ad zone , I am in conect with them , tonight if I dint get it fixed I well delet all adbrite zone

stovedude

Perhaps download the free version of MalwareBytes scanning software from , then reboot in Safe Mode, run MB and make sure to click the Update tab first, perform the Full Scan and wait. Click Show Results and then Remove Selected and reboot again in normal mode. It might help.

fscrp

Unfortunately Malwarebytes won't fix the registry. Another option is to roll-back to a previous restore point, but that is a last resort.

stovedude

I had to fix my wife's pc from this virus. This seemed to work good: Download all the links for RKill from this site: and then, optionally, download the free version of Comodo from this site: . Then, restore your computer to an earlier date if possible. After, run all of the downloaded progs for RKill in succession (if possible) and then run the Comodo prog or your favorite AV. You may have to do this in Safe Mode.

fscrp

stovedude, thanks a million for posting about RKill - this is going to be extremely helpful to me when dealing with virus victims who are not local to me.