Journal Trading Thread Suggestion

F

ForexMike

Can we have a Trading Journal Section under the Forex Forum Section where we can post our trading systems. This may be of interest to all who can follow our trades and can ask questions pertaining to same.

Thanks

See Attachment:

Attachments

radicaltour

VIP Member
hi ForexMike,
May I ask how is this trading journal different than posting our trading systems inside of "Trading Systems and Strategies"?
One difference I can see is that we would put the details (rules+indis+templates) of our system in that section and then enter our real-time trade signals inside the "Trading Journal" section?

F

ForexMike

Thanks for the reply my friend. We have two ways to trade using manually traded systems and EA's. By members posting their systems, it would be split up in different areas of the forum instead of one central area. As it stands, when members post their trading system results, it's usually split up within the thread of that system and it can be confusing due to the lack of continuity. Having two traders using the same trading system posting in the same thread makes it even more confusing. If I wanted to follow ones trades they posted, I would have to search for their last posting I read then leap frog over other postings to see the same traders next posting. I would then have to do the same thing in the same thread if I wanted to follow a second traders postings. If these same two traders that use the same system ever add/delete indicators, rules, ect. this creates even more confusion.

By posting in a Trading Journal Section, each trader can have their own thread. The first posting can show the system they trade, rules, charts, share their system and so forth. They can then post on their trades on a daily bases and answer questions from other traders on this forum. The forum members can also receive feedback from others too. This will be a lot less confusion and have continuity. A trader will be more motivated to post about their trading systems.

For example, many traders scalp the forex. If they posted their own separate trading journal, another trader may suggest an indicator that would improve on their success rate and make the system better. This is a great way for new forex traders to learn from other traders too.

This has been successfully done on other forums. One dedicated section for keeping up with other traders system would be a great asset on this forum.

I hope this makes sense my friend.

radicaltour

VIP Member
Sounds good, Mike.
I'll work with MJ to create the new section. Please note that you'll be the pilot and so we'll get to see how that section progresses. :)
Thanks.
-RT

F

ForexMike

Thanks my friend, I will create a thread that will be a great example.

F

ForexMike

Do me a favor and see if you approve/disapprove of my first thread in the new section you graciously developed for us. Any thoughts and suggestions will be greatly appreciated my friend.

Thanks for allowing this new section for our forum members.

First thread started: