Please tell me the current attachment download method is not a permanent solution

thom321

Please tell me the current attachment download method is not a permanent solution

If this is already explained elsewhere then ignore my ranting.

While I can understand the incentive of offloading storage requirements for attached files and save bandwidth (if that is why it is currently setup that way), I find the current solution with multiple download sites to be a royal pain. I personally dislike pretty much all of them and I would rather pay a fee to WWI to get direct access to all attachment than to use the current setup. If that is what VIP does, you might soon get a new member in the VIP club. If there is no way to get such access, then WWI might soon be one member shorter.

As far as I can tell, not a single one would allow you to download without waiting and clicking a download link and finding the file to be missing would be incredibly annoying (I don't see a way of that not happening, especially for certain files, which we all know is one of the major reasons people come here).

The only solution that wouldn't severely reduce the useability of this site is if the files where automatically downloaded from a site like anonfiles.