Aurix Exchange

Spammers/commercial sellers

MJ, Radical et al,

Thanks for this forum. I have a question. Why are users permitted to post and post and post.... ie spam threads... searching for customers, promoting their commercial systems?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

TCT

Onbongo

MJ, Radical et al,

Thanks for this forum. I have a question. Why are users permitted to post and post and post.... ie spam threads... searching for customers, promoting their commercial systems?

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

TCT

Hi trendchangetrader

Thanks for bringing this up. I also have very strong views on this! If this is causing concern or upsetting our members then let us know what you think. I know MJ has worked very hard to create a forum we will all be happy with. MJ, RT, TJ, Bonnie & the other moderators have done a sterling job here. We all want our members to be happy & feel safe in our forum.

I think you all know how I feel about vendors trying to use our forum to advertise or to prey on our junior members here...as well as certain 'mentors' (I have one in mind...no names). They are not allowed to and I always take immediate action when I see it going on. As do all the other moderators. We work very hard, but please let us know which particular threads/posts are you referring to & are most concerned about so we can look into it for you. Remember you can also report any posts/threads by clicking the report button.

Thanks all

Onbongo

Hi trendchangetrader

Thanks for bringing this up. I also have very strong views on this! If this is causing concern or upsetting our members then let us know what you think. I know MJ has worked very hard to create a forum we will all be happy with. MJ, RT, TJ, Bonnie & the other moderators have done a sterling job here. We all want our members to be happy & feel safe in our forum.

I think you all know how I feel about vendors trying to use our forum to advertise or to prey on our junior members here...as well as certain 'mentors' (I have one in mind...no names). They are not allowed to and I always take immediate action when I see it going on. As do all the other moderators. We work very hard, but please let us know which particular threads/posts are you referring to & are most concerned about so we can look into it for you. Remember you can also report any posts/threads by clicking the report button.

Thanks all

Onbongo

Hi Onbongo,

Thanks for the reply. I see you moved this thread. Just a suggestion, maybe leave it where I put it if only for a few days... Why? because it is directly related to people... ie user Donny... continually attempting to sell his system. I've directly asked him not to do this and to post in the commercial or free advertising sections. Also, I think you will get far more valuable feedback and discussion in the systems thread. Afterall, offenders are trying to sell systems.

I don't see the "report" button but would glady use it if you could point it out.

Thanks

TCT

H

hankt80

Hi

It is next to ''Blog this Post'' the triangle with ''!''

You must be registered for see images

Onbongo

Hi trendchangetrader

Thanks...we are looking into it now.

I have left a 3 day expiring link/re-direct in the systems thread to your post, as you requested. So it will be seen both there, as well as here!

The report post button is the warning triangle in the bottom left corner. In the future this would be the most appropriate method of reporting any post.

And of course, you/anyone else for that matter may PM MJ, RT, myself, or any of the other Mods if you have any issues about the forum, other users, or posts which you want to bring to our attention.

Regards

Onbongo

radicaltour

VIP Member
hello everyone. As Onbongo has mentioned, we (the MODS) do our best to keep this forum clean of spammers and snake oil sellers.
Some of them are outright spams by automated systems and somehow they escape our automated spam-killer system. :D
So in many instances we try to delete them as soon as they pop up. But a few here and there will have been seen by members of this forum before we get a chance to remove them.
The Free Advertising section of the forum are specifically for any legitimate vendors trying to sell their products.

What's left are a handful of folks that walk a fine line.
There are cases where English is a problem and some folks have trouble communicating. Hence, we try to give them some benefit of doubt.
But rest assured they are being watched by the MODs (especially Onbongo).
Furthermore, with feedbacks from members (like trendchangetrader), it will expedite our evaluation process and allows us to take the necessary steps to clean up the issue(s) faster.
Thanks everyone.

Aurix Exchange