Aurix Exchange

We are in dire neeed for a Temporary Suspension System

freddieforex

Banned Users
We are in dire neeed for a Temporary Suspension System

This forum has a moderator that hasn't visited the forum in over a year and a few that haven't been on the forum in several months and we are in dire need of active moderators. I found a great idea that is implemented on another forum that would work nicely on this forum and help out with the lack of moderators.

The forum I'm inquiring about has a Temporary Suspension System in place where if a member is intentionally violating the rules, a Senior Member has access to and can click on the Temporary Suspension Button which will remove the current posting which violated the rule and then prevent any further postings by that member until the forum Admin can investigate the complaint and take the actions he deems necessary.

In such case, we have a new member alansim that started attacking our senior and respected members PALSHQ70 and Peachy. Alansim used profanity and posted immaturely which was a clear violation of the rules. If we had a Temporary Suspension System set in place, this would remove and block the postings by Alansim and this would prevent the future immature postings that then continued. Alansim then started up another username and continued his immature postings on the same thread. This forum looks very sloppy, organized and not properly maintained when we allow this to happen. If this forum wants to be one of the best forex forums, it needs to make positive changes and make it look more professional looking. Other forums are making positive changes and this one needs to catch up.

This system works great on another forum and is something that is seriously needed. PALSHQ70 has stated he wants to leave this forum. We need to do something immediately.

I'm asking for other members imputs to this suggestion. Please post below.

musketeer

I can not imagine who would be opposed to the creation of similar system which may brings more... hygiene...

So, that is a good idea for sure! And seems it is a must

Adam cc

This is a good suggestion, and will make the experience of visiting and posting in WWi forum a more pleasant one, and sure make moderator's job a bit easier.
But to be fair to all members, we need to have 2-3 senior members concur to impose the suspension.

HDHORDA4

I can not imagine who would be opposed to the creation of similar system which may brings more... hygiene...

So, that is a good idea for sure! And seems it is a must

Well from what i see this system is necessary because this will help to keep the forum in a good shape for all users :)

freddieforex

Banned Users
This is a good suggestion, and will make the experience of visiting and posting in WWi forum a more pleasant one, and sure make moderator's job a bit easier.
But to be fair to all members, we need to have 2-3 senior members concur to impose the suspension.

This is an excellent suggestion. By having 2 senior members to agree on the offense, would make it unbiased and the action would be more fair for the offender. This type of action would be for serious offenses such as violating the rules for fighting / disruptive behavior, etc.

Thanks for catching this Trader T and for the excellent work you are doing for this forum and members. It's very much appreciated by all.

aenigma

This will definitely Help & it would be fair Approach to keep the Forum clean with Temporary Suspension in concurrence of few Seniors Members ( May be from different Sections like ebook & MQL programming etc as deemed fit by Moderators ) ...

Over All Temporary Suspension will Give Moderators time to Review &

1) Moderators can have some time lag Prior to action.

2) It would stand as a Time Lag Deterrent to Errant Members as they may a) Warned ! on first Instance & b) Than acted upon on Sufficient reason by Moderators ... Time Lag may help errant Member to resonate his Views, Posts & Opinion on Subject Matter / respect towards Other Fellow Member

Daily71

I´m agree with you my friend freddie. This would be a great idea and i´m agree with all members until now....you said it well.

babashemi

Hi All,

I JUST POSTED THE BELOW IN ANOTHER SECTION.

First and foremost,anything that is worth doing is worth doing well.

A good organization have check and balances ..a good organization as sensible management..a good organization always aspire to be the best... a good organization always wants to attract the best and to keep their good members.... either workers or clients.

Most of the ppl here have been and are still part of other forum.... so if they complain about something..then it means they love it here and they dont want to see it go down the negative path that others have gone.

If a member needs something..he/she needs to be attended to... and all parties satisfied.

The good members leaving this forum is nothing but a ...FAILURE OF LEADERSHIP and FAILURE OF MANAGEMENT.
They leave and nobody in management says anything..or give any feedback on the part of the organization/forum.

Pls lets take this as an error and get off our backside and put our house in proper other.

Cheers.

worldwide-invest

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Member
We are here and working 24H aday that is all what you think not what is really going on , spacial you freddie you made every day more than 5 reports :) i like that i dont say any thing wrong but that mean a lot of work from us , every report for you is simple but for us need 2-3 Hour for investgate .

We are doing our best to keep our site number 1 , and no one is leaving as you said antill if they said so , please enjoy what you are doing in our site and keep the rest for us .

Best Regards
WwI

I understand that moderators don't get paid here, but if he is willing to be a moderators he have to follow up here as frequently as he can. If there is no activity from mod more than one month, why then keep them as a mod? Doesn't make sense. Look up the best minds here that are the most active ones and give them moderation access, and everything will be okay. I agree with the suggestion made by Freddieforex. Let's keep this forum clean.

Cammo.

freddieforex

Banned Users
I understand that moderators don't get paid here, but if he is willing to be a moderators he have to follow up here as frequently as he can. If there is no activity from mod more than one month, why then keep them as a mod? Doesn't make sense. Look up the best minds here that are the most active ones and give them moderation access, and everything will be okay. I agree with the suggestion made by Freddieforex. Let's keep this forum clean.

Cammo.

We have some really fantastic moderators on this forum ... and then we have some that have been absent for a while. Admin contacted me and wants to chat further in regards to my idea. If anyone has any imput to make this idea even better, please post your ideas. I believe we are on the road to making this a better forum.

Brumby

We have some really fantastic moderators on this forum ... and then we have some that have been absent for a while. Admin contacted me and wants to chat further in regards to my idea. If anyone has any imput to make this idea even better, please post your ideas. I believe we are on the road to making this a better forum.

The solution is not adding another layer to intervene problematic posts. If the issue is lack of moderator or active moderators, then Admin should address this underlying problem. The issue with problematic posters are usually hit and run where they sign up under different user names. A simple solution is for Admin to implement a minimum 20 or whatever number of posts for new members that are filtered by moderators before they are posted unto the forum. There are some forums that does this. As for PALSHQ70, we don't know the underlying issue and whether it is even connected to moderation. In a public forum, you will get all kinds of posters and a bit of patience is needed for Admin to address problems that arises. Isn't patience a virtue in trading? As traders, we get all kind of shit from the market every day - why worry too much about some silly posts.

buntman

Good idea.

Unfortunately moderating a forum is always going to be walking a razor blade. It's a fine line between allowing members to have their input and keeping a forum tidy and it's certainly not a job I covet. Becomes particularly difficult when English is not a first language for many, something read is taken differently than the writer intended, ego's defensiveness, cultures, bad moods so forth and so-on.

Personally I've admired the way mods (and senior members) have managed to keep WWI clean - in saying that, the loss of valued members due to breakdown between them and mods is concerning and there's obviously things going on that aren't in the public forum.

To me, there's a couple of things at play here:

1. Keeping threads tidy - A temp susp can let a member know they're pushing the limit - good idea. Having a panel as suggested by Trader T let's them know that there is fairness to what's going on - good idea. Some comments are pretty blatant attacks on the player and not the ball and descend into chaos quickly. These can be dealt with quickly.
Other times however there's grey areas where mems may have a valid point but literary limitations may mean comments are taken out of context and frustrations ensue. In this case a temp susp means they can "sit on the bench" for a while and calm down - maybe have some dialogue offline with the seniors that suspended them.

2. Breakdown between mods and seniors. Tricky one here as currently we seem to be in lose/lose situation. It's not just the like likes of PALSHQ70 and Zoog who announce their departure, but others who have frustrations and just stop contributing or even turning up to WWI and as a forum we are that much worse-off.
Again, a panel of seniors will allow some form of arbitration between mems and mods. It goes without saying that there needs to be mutual trust/respect between all parties for this to succeed but if implemented well can allow an offline forum to resolve issues.

This is a good thinking from freddie that needs to be put into practice and kept simple. Something complex will become convoluted and then fall over.

Let's keep the forum valuable to noobs and veterans alike. When silly/offensive posts take hold then a thread is hijacked and then good ideas, strategies and systems get lost in the off-topic noise.

freddieforex

Banned Users
The solution is not adding another layer to intervene problematic posts. If the issue is lack of moderator or active moderators, then Admin should address this underlying problem. The issue with problematic posters are usually hit and run where they sign up under different user names. A simple solution is for Admin to implement a minimum 20 or whatever number of posts for new members that are filtered by moderators before they are posted unto the forum. There are some forums that does this. As for PALSHQ70, we don't know the underlying issue and whether it is even connected to moderation. In a public forum, you will get all kinds of posters and a bit of patience is needed for Admin to address problems that arises. Isn't patience a virtue in trading? As traders, we get all kind of shit from the market every day - why worry too much about some silly posts.

This would be a simple solution if the negative postings that were made were those new members with under 20 postings, but this isn't the case since many of the major rule violators have well over 20 postings. We currently have around ten moderators and to have sufficient coverage to contain the problems early on, we would need at least an additional ten moderators. This Temporary Suspension System works extremely well on another forum and prevents a lot of headaches by nipping the problem in the bud early in the game. There are times when members that are being negative are reported and it can take 24 hours or more before an intervention is done. I know this because I have reported many people. If we can act fast and click one button to remove that one posting and also report that member, this would allow us to continue with the smooth flow of the thread. Many posters that are not directly involve with the negative poster are discouraged because of the interruption of that thread and then doesn't return to that thread. As it stands, each section of the forum has one to two moderators that are assigned to that area and connecting with them if they are not online when a problem arises is currently a problem. We can't assume that this idea won't work since it's already proven to be highly effective method.

Thank for allowing My 2 Cents

Thank for allowing My 2 Cents

I would like to say and stay as neutral as I can. The basic rules of the forum is basically share, be understanding and try to work with others and we do not publicize commercial vendors unless in the commercial section and no direct links to outside websites. We have to much invested with time and believe it or not this forum is not free. So though it is free for the most part for members to use and share in, Outsiders, mostly Noob's come in and with the same MO. Try to promote other websites.

By no means am I angel, but you can read one or two post and tell if they do not speak english as 1 st language or it is merely a case of language barriers. You can be nice and direct someone to the proper way, the ones that were mistaken always apologize and they try to be in compliance with our rules here.

but I have to agree with Freddieforex, we in the last month, have had commercial sites post here, we have had people that have been here for over 4 years and only 20 post start attacking members that are actually sharing and have contributed alot. We are having more people that sign up do not qualify there experience or anything and with the first 2 to 5 post, start out calling everything crap, scammers, all negative stuff. We have seen people start new threads and we know all well they never even did a search to see if it existed before.

I really care for this forum, I have even bit my tongue and just let someone post stuff because that is what they feel and I know it to be wrong, but they should have the ability to post and not be attached. I think that we should add perhaps a couple more moderators, If senior members would volunteer and I like the fact that Lets say you have a random number 200 or 300 post you are then a senior member and perhaps you and 1 other can suspend temporarily but at the same time, a alert should be sent to the moderators so that it can be resolved as soon as possible.

The one thing, and I do not know if it is possible to set up, I feel that if you could limit a new member from starting a thread until about 20 to 30 post in would help some, but as far as limiting them until they have 20 post, how would they ever get them unless they make a post and a moderator has to approve it before it post. Is that how it works.

I know this is a long read, I am sorry, but what ever I can do, I want everybody to know, I am here, just let me know. thanks FreddieForex and everyone that has contributed to this thread.

Peachy

freddieforex

Banned Users
After reading some excellent replies from our great members of this forum, I would like to recommend that we consider taking the easiest route for this forum and admin and that is to add more moderators to this forum and allow them to have free range of all sections instead of assigning them to individual sections which would allow more coverage of this great forum. I hope I'm not disappointing those members that posted a thumbs up for the Temporary Suspension by now suggesting that it would be easier to place more moderators on this forum.

I'm going to shoot admin a pm with my new suggestion along with a few names of those members that have shown exceptional interest with improving this forum and has stepped up above and beyond with helping other forum members and have the respect of other forum members. I hope other members approve of this idea.

Thanks

freddieforex

Banned Users
We now have a few more moderators thanks to Admin. The site is shaping up with nicely the past few days. With the combination of our previous moderators and the new ones, this site is going to be GREAT!

freddieforex

Banned Users
The forum appreciates that we now have some fresh faces to moderate this forum. The purpose for the suggestion of the Temporary Suspension System Idea was to have a system where senior members can click on a button and temporarily suspend the postings of those that are violating the major posting rules. Such an example is the member BIOHEALTHTECHNOLOGY that can't post as an adult on this forum without attacking members. If we had a Temporary Suspension System in place, this member would not be able to flood our forum with his bad language today as he did. The System would have ceased his posting until a moderator would intervene and investigate and then take action against the member. Since the placing of new moderators on this forum would be a great alternative due to the absence of several moderators, I have just found out that our moderators don't even have the powers to cease the postings of members and can't even ban members.

Can Admin give the option of banning members to our moderators?

Thanks

falconwest

The forum appreciates that we now have some fresh faces to moderate this forum. The purpose for the suggestion of the Temporary Suspension System Idea was to have a system where senior members can click on a button and temporarily suspend the postings of those that are violating the major posting rules. Such an example is the member BIOHEALTHTECHNOLOGY that can't post as an adult on this forum without attacking members. If we had a Temporary Suspension System in place, this member would not be able to flood our forum with his bad language today as he did. The System would have ceased his posting until a moderator would intervene and investigate and then take action against the member. Since the placing of new moderators on this forum would be a great alternative due to the absence of several moderators, I have just found out that our moderators don't even have the powers to cease the postings of members and can't even ban members.

Can Admin give the option of banning members to our moderators?

Thanks

The above would be a great help to reduce the admin's load for issues like that, other than above may I also suggest to give permission to move member's threads to appropriate locations if they are posted in wrong sections, thx.

Hey FW pm me and I will show you the two buttons to move stuff. It can all be done. I have found that out now.

Peachy

The above would be a great help to reduce the admin's load for issues like that, other than above may I also suggest to give permission to move member's threads to appropriate locations if they are posted in wrong sections, thx.

Adam cc

Buy and sell E-currency like Perfect Money, Skrill, Bitcoin, Ego-pay, Ok-pay, STP, Web-money on very compatible exchange rates. To get advantages from our services, .....

You just want to try to get banned?

Allodola89

I can not send a complaint about violation of my copyright, CAPTCHA not working.

I can not send a complaint about violation of my copyright, CAPTCHA not working.

I can not send a complaint about violation of my copyright - CAPTCHA not working!!!!

Please fix this problem or send me the contact administration.
You must be registered for see images attach

Aurix Exchange