Wyckoff

alwaterpolo

I'm getting really interested in the Wyckoff method and am currently consuming everything I can on the subject. I was wondering if anyone on here who utilizes parts of Wyckoff's methodology in their trading found a specific wyckoff resource particularly helpful compared to others they had tried?

This question is not limited to Wyckoff - any resources related to volume and price prediction that they thought really changed their trading?

Thanks

I'm in the same boat as you. Currently reading the best eBook there is on VSA (volume spread analysis) "Master of the Markets". Make sure to go to Todd Kruegers website and sign up for his free weekly videos. They are great. I look forward to hear what others have to say as well.

alwaterpolo

I'm in the same boat as you. Currently reading the best eBook there is on VSA (volume spread analysis) "Master of the Markets". Make sure to go to Todd Kruegers website and sign up for his free weekly videos. They are great. I look forward to hear what others have to say as well.
Yes, I just finished reading that. Really illuminating and very much in line with Wyckoff methods. I really like david weis's work as well as I really like the way he describes "springs" which I feel get you in at the earliest time in a trade.

The one thing I really want to understand a little more is how to better predict the end of an intermediate up-wave. I understand the shortening of the thrust and narrower ranges but more resources on that would be great.

alwaterpolo

Please try this: for start. I suppose you know this well..

Yes, I know about that, thanks.

I was interested in hearing from people who have read or follow Wyckoff's work - specifically, what they thought really "opened" up their eyes to the market's price action

A9000

Identifies high probabilty low risk trade set ups based on trends and unusual volum

Identifies high probabilty low risk trade set ups based on trends and unusual volum

Identifies high probabilty low risk trade set ups based on trends and unusual volume activity within the trend

A9000

David Weis and Gavin Holmes trade the markets live using the all new VSA scanner and Weis Wave combined, with amazing results as you will see.

A9000

David Weis on Wyckoff, Support/Resistance, and Waves

A9000

How to Scan Live For VSA Sequential Trade Set Ups

hyperbole

Thanks A900 - what are your thoughts on VSA?
Hey, I've been studying VSA for 8 months or so, my thoughts personally are these guys have got it figured out. I can't recommend anything more highly.

Look into Wyckoff Stock Market Institute, Gary Dayton, Tom Williams and Gavin Holmes, and David Weis. You'll find everything you need about trading from them

hypertrader

Hank Pruden & Jack Hutson

Hank Pruden & Jack Hutson

There are books by Hank Pruden and Jack Hutson which are useful with respect to Wyckoff.

rvlvvel

hi
Tradeguider system of tom williams is based on Wyckoff basics and Tradeguider is very complicated -confusing stuff.you need to go into 450 rules. are you ready? Well -I am not. Most of my friends are not ready for tradeguider.They quit it.
we guys switched over to hawkeye and lot of training material is available and you understand what you hear and see.
In trading, Never EVER do something you dont understand-first thing.
Hawkeye is based on wyckoff tools and is relatively user friendly.

rvlvvel

Tradeguider is very confusing.i saw so many videos but nothing works if you try to apply the concepts.
try Hawkeye system-simple and far easy on your mind.

rvlvvel

Tradeguider is very confusing.i saw so many videos but nothing works if you try to apply the concepts.
try hawkeye system-simple and far easy on your mind.reward risk is 2.5

alwaterpolo

try hawkeye system-simple and far easy on your mind.reward risk is 2.5
I just downloaded the book - what else would you recommend to read about this method?

rvlvvel

TRY WATCHING VIDEO OF PRESENTATION-
given by a friend
use vlcmedia player

also watch all hawkeye videos over youtube.com
get the concept first

powerful trading edge comes from reading volume,trend and momentum direction and Minimising Risk and hiting trend hard while it lasts over 30% of time. All this is possible using Hawkeye system.

alwaterpolo

TRY WATCHING VIDEO OF PRESENTATION-
given by a friend
use vlcmedia player

also watch all hawkeye videos over youtube.com
get the concept first

powerful trading edge comes from reading volume,trend and momentum direction and Minimising Risk and hiting trend hard while it lasts over 30% of time. All this is possible using Hawkeye system.
Thanks - I'll check these out

rvlvvel

pity in the city
Tom Williams & Gavin Holmes trying to puish a complicated vsa basics stuff which is abstract and impossible to digest for average traders.
The number of rules you need to be aware of is around 450. if not you are a dead goat.
Lots of my friends broke their head over tradeguider reached nowhere-absolutely fed up-not able to make money.
They switched over to hawkeye system and the software simplifies things a lot.

Hawkeye looks at volume activity-trend action of price(up-down-flat) and momentum background over multiple timeframes-comes as a colored ribbon called heat map-thus voilume-trend-momentum-mtf put you ahead of other traders.

Same methodology- more sistematic is presented by NIGEL HAWKES as hawkeyetraders.com.

I found a 4shared link for wyckoff book but it is 565mb and doesnt download,always breaks off when dnload reaches 500mb.

can somebody split this in to two parts each 280mb please!

Second thing
I like an expert t explain how hawkeye reads volume activity.

iDov

I think the ideal thing is to learn to read the price volume story without software; but it does take some work. (Nope, I can't do it with great confidence yet, but it's making a bit more sense...)

I think there must be other links to that Wyckoff course (if it's the SMI one) only a google away (maybe on avaxhome.ws ?).

kang

I found a 4shared link for wyckoff book but it is 565mb and doesnt download,always breaks off when dnload reaches 500mb.

can somebody split this in to two parts each 280mb please!
u can download the same from thread here